FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
The most important feature of superabsorbents is water storage. For example, 1 gram of HYDROSTOR MAX can store from 400 to 600 grams of water. Thanks to the use of superabsorbent, water, instead of going to lower layers of soil, is bound in the form of gel near the roots of the plant. The plant connects to this water storage system with a root system and absorbs water from it. Then the superabsorbent binds rainwater and returns it to plants. Such cycles are repeated several thousand times. Interestingly, the effect of superabsorbent is so strong that it absorbs not only rain water, but also fog or dew.
The use of HYDROSTOR MAX superabsorbent ensures:
- reduction of the amount of water used for watering or irrigation,
- reduction of fertilizer doses by retaining nutrients close to the roots of the plant,
- significant prevention of the contamination of groundwater,
- improvement of the soil structure,
- acceleration of plant growth and prevention of withering,
- increase in the quantity and quality of the crop yields, thanks to the significant reduction of water stress,
- safe application – the agent is active in the soil for 5 years and after 10 years it is fully biodegradable.
As more and more types of hydrogels and superabsorbents appear on the market, it is important to know what to consider when purchasing these types of products to achieve the highest effectiveness:
- choose products based on potassium because they do not cause soil salination like sodium hydrogels,
- check the absorbency level and dosage regimen. Then compare the prices of absorbents available on the market,
- avoid products that contain carcinogenic acrylamide,
- check marketing certificates and accreditations. This is important because a large proportion of the gels that are on sale are technical gels primarily used as absorbents in diapers and not dedicated agricultural products,
- note the country of origin of the manufacturer. Most of the gels available on the market are products of dubious quality or products for other uses (technical gels),
- purchase the product only with full details concerning application methods and precise dosage instructions.
The use of HYDROSTOR MAX superabsorbent ensures:
- reduction of the amount of water used for watering / irrigation,
- reduction of fertilizer doses by the retention of nutrients, and significant prevention of the contamination of groundwater,
- reduction of maintenance work,
- improvement of the soil structure and prevention of water leaks,
- acceleration of plant growth and prevention of plant withering,
- increase in crop yields, thanks to the elimination of water stress,
- safe application – HYDROSTOR MAX is active in the soil for 5 years and after 10 years it becomes fully biodegradable.
YES. Our production plant and research as well as development center are located in Poland. Functional additives in our products such as mycorrhiza and biostimulators are the fruit of cooperation with leading international companies.
YES. All our preparations meet the highest standards of environmental protection and we have all required attestations and certificates. All HYDROSTOR products are fully biodegradable within 10 years. HYDROSTOR products do not cause soil salination as they are based on potassium. Our products do not contain carcinogenic acrylamide, common in competitive products. They allow the reduction of fertilizer doses. Thanks to HYDROSTOR, we save water used for irrigation and contribute to the reduction of groundwater contamination. We are currently working on a BIO certification allowing our products to be used in organic farming.
- As the only company in the world we produce superabsorbents with a patented method of foaming. Thanks to it, the water and nutrients contained in HYDROSTOR are much easier to reach for plants as compared to the products available on the market.
- In our production plant we have a unique ability to accurately parameterize HYDROSTOR crystals for absorbency, hardness and composition. This allows us to choose the optimal solution for particular crops.
- Our superabsorbents are based on potassium rather than sodium, unlike most competitive products.
- Our products do not contain carcinogenic acrylamide common in competitive products.
- As the only company we combine our superabsorbents with top quality functional supplements such as mycorrhiza or growth stimulators.
- Our products are characterized by the best absorption which favourably distinguishes them from similar absorbents.
- As the only company in the world we produce superabsorbents with a patented method of foaming. Thanks to it, the water and nutrients contained in HYDROSTOR are much easier for plants to reach.
- Our production plant has a unique method of accurate parameterizing HYDROSTOR crystals for absorbency, hardness and composition. This allows us to choose the optimal solutions for particular crops.
- We have more than 20 years of experience working on hydrogels for agriculture. Our experts understand your expectations and needs and are able to offer comprehensive solutions for professional plantations.
- All our superabsorbents are based on potassium so they do not cause soil salination, they are fully biodegradable and safe for plants, animals and soil.
- As the only company, we combine our superabsorbents with top quality functional supplements such as mycorrhiza or growth stimulants.
Due to the unique technology of superabsorbent production, we are able to produce different types of superabsorbent. Differences can be observed in absorbency, crystal size / granulation and hardness. Thanks to that, we are able to find the best solutions for various crops. HYDROSTOR also combines superabsorbent with effective functional supplements such as mycorrhiza or BIO stimulators, which increases the effectiveness of the agent.